SoundTraxx Tsunami SoundCar¬ô Digital Sound Decoder¬ô:
Now your train is no longer limited to locomotive sounds! The 16-bit Tsunami SoundCar Digital Sound Decoder¬ô is the only DCC decoder to replicate railcar sounds, such as the clickety-clack, flange squeal, flat spots, generator, brake cylinders, and glad hand release. It also includes a selection of user-adjustable horns, bells and whistles for cab cars and cabooses. For even more realism, the decoder has four Hyperlight lighting outputs for interior and exterior lights.
These universal-style decoders measure 47mm x 14mm x 8.5mm and are easy to install in N to G scales. They work with any 8-ohm speaker.¬† For the optimal experience, use a SoundCar decoder in every third or fourth car in a consist. The SoundCar also includes a 2-pin plug for optionally using the SoundTraxx CurrentKeeper¬ô to maintain sounds and lights during momentary power losses due to finicky wheel pickups and not-so-perfect track.
SoundCar Sound Effects:
- Brake cylinders
- Brake squeal
- Clickety-clack: Adjustable for 2-, 4- and 6-axle cars
- Coupler clank and pin drop
- Coupler release with glad hand separation
- Flange squeal
- Flat spots
- Emergency brake valve (¬ďbig hole¬Ē): Activated when the emergency stop button is pressed
- Generators: User-adjustable for reefers and passenger cars
- Hand brake tie down and untie
- Multiple airhorns, air whistle and bells with adjustable ring rates for cab cars and cabooses
- Airhorns: Wabco E2, Nathan K5LA and Hancock air whistle
- Bells: Cast, electric and gong
- Retainer bleed-off
Click to see "SoundCar" in action.
MSRP is $59.95¬† (Picture courtesy of SoundTraxx.)
For more information, please visit this product's webpage.