For Steam locomotives, the 1819 Steam Decoder
features a choice of multiple chuff types. This decoder contains MRC’s true, live capture, full fidelity sounds like prime mover steam chuffs actually recorded (railside) by MRC’s Sound Engineers from the real locomotives.
Equipped with MRC’s Brilliance™ sound, and dynamic, super-fidelity 1½” speaker, the big locomotives truly come to life, from startup to shutdown. Uses all 28 NMRA available functions, and user programmable, applicable horns, bells, brakes, air releases, pop valves, cooling fans, coupling sounds, fire box sounds and more. This decoder has a full complement of lighting functions too.
Not just for DCC systems, this decoder is dual mode so power pack users aren’t left out. DC railroaders can get brilliantly synchronized sounds on their layout as well. And DC power pack users can also enjoy the 28 NMRA function capability of this G & O gauge decoder when coupled to the unique & exclusive MRC BlackBox (#0001050) control unit.
- 5 amp output
- MRC's Brilliance™ sound recorded railside by MRC's Sound Engineers
- Easy installation - no modifications needed
- 1 ½”, 4 ohm full fidelity speaker included
- User programmable, multiple bells, whistles, or horns
- Dual mode capability lets you run on DCC or analog DC
- User programmable, fully adjustable speed curves
- Directional Headlights plus Mars light
MSRP is $99.98.
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 01 August, 2009.