DUPLEX EQUIPPED RADIO
DT402 Series Throttles, Duplex Radio & Xtra Starter Sets
1. The week of 06/22/09 Digitrax will begin shipping the new DT402, DT402R, DT402D
throttles and UR92 duplex radio transceivers. The following week, they will begin
shipping the new Xtra Starter Sets with DT402 Series throttles. Note: Shipments
of duplex radio equipment to countries Outside the US, Canada and New Zealand will
begin as soon as the required certifications for those countries are completed.
Dealers in those countries will be notified when the certifications are completed
and we can begin shipping to them.
NEW DT402 SERIES THROTTLE FEATURES:
1. Supports 29 functions: F0-F28 (Note that F0 is actually two functions F0Forward
2. Convenient Step By Step Throttle Option Set Up
3. Makes it simple to customize DT402 series throttles using throttle option
4. Throttle instructions are much less cryptic and easier to understand.
5. Tethered operation is supported by the DT402.
6. All DT402 series throttles are Infra-Ready and will work with UR90 IR receivers
and the IR receivers in the UR91 & UR92 also.
7. Simplex Radio continues to be supported by the DT402R/UR91 combination.
8. Duplex Radio is supported by the DT402D/UR92 combination.
9. There is a small price increase on the new products due to increased manufacturing
Product pricing for the new DT402 Series throttles and UR92 Transceiver:
(MSRP - our price TBA.)
DT402 Digitrax LocoNet Super Throttle - $185.00
Digitrax LocoNet Super Throttle Simplex Radio (works with UR91) - $235.00
Digitrax LocoNet Super Throttle Duplex Radio (works with UR92) - $250.00
UR91 Digitrax LocoNet Radio/IR Receiver - $149.99
UR92 Digitrax LocoNet Duplex Transceiver Panel (includes Simplex IR Support)
1. DT402D is the Duplex Radio version of the DT402 throttle.
2. UR92 is the Duplex Radio Transceiver. It sends AND receives information to and
from the layout and the DT402D throttles respectively. It also includes support
for sending InfraRed signals to the layout as well. Simplex Radio communication
is NOT supported in the UR92 but will run on any LocoNet layout at the same time
as Duplex Radio.
3. UR92 is a fully-compatible LocoNet device which means all three technologies
(Infrared, Simplex Radio and Duplex Radio) will work at the same time on your LocoNet
4. Simplex Radio using UR91 and DT402R, DT400R, UT4R and other throttles with
part numbers ending in R can be run on the same LocoNet as Duplex equipment
5. InfraRed operation with UR90 IR receivers can also be run on the same LocoNet
as Duplex equipment.
1. Duplex Radio operates in the 2.4 Ghz band.
2. Supports dozens of duplex throttles at the same time.
3. One UR92 will provide adequate coverage for most layouts.
4. Duplex Radio range is approximately a 300 ft diameter circle
5. The Group Name feature allows multiple layouts to operate independently in close
proximity to each other, such as at a train show.
6. Duplex Radio allows:
i. Locomotive selection and operation without the need to plug in to LocoNet
ii. All programming modes can be used without plugging in
iii. Duplex link to/from the layout
iv. Use of existing LocoNet devices without modification, simply plug in UR92
and start using DT402D throttles.
NEW XTRA STARTER SETS
1. New Super Empire Builder Xtra Sets and Super Chief Xtra Sets will begin shipping
the week of 06/29/09.
2. Command Station/Boosters DCS100/200 & DB150 will remain the same.
3. All Non-radio Xtra Starter Sets will include the DT402 throttles.
4. All Radio Xtra Starter Sets will include DT402D & UR92 Duplex Radio components.
5. Starter sets with simplex radio will no longer be available.
6. Simplex radio will continue to be supported through sales of DT402R and UR91's,
they will just not be available as a starter set any longer.
Product Pricing for new Xtra Starter Sets (MSRP- our price TBA) :
Super Chief Xtra - $455.00
Super Chief Xtra 8 Amp - $475.00
Super Chief Xtra Duplex Radio - $665.00
Super Chief Xtra Duplex Radio 8 Amp - $685.00
Super Empire Builder Xtra - $355.00
Super Empire Builder Xtra Duplex Radio - $575.00